As we implement pandemic response plans to keep our day-to-day operations running smoothly, the health and well-being of our people, partners and customers remains top of mind and our highest priority. We continue to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 and take precautionary measures across our facilities to help prevent the spread of disease by following the advice and direction of government and public health authorities.
We continue to increase our hygiene and sanitization activities, as well as modify our delivery processes to minimize interactions between individuals. Below is an overview of activities underway to protect our teams and the resiliency of our operations:
- We have modified our delivery processes to minimize interactions between individuals, including suspending the need for customers to sign hand-held devices.
- In-home services, including “Room of Choice”, are suspended until conditions allow us to safely resume them.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of our facilities.
- We provide masks, sanitizers and disposable gloves to our drivers along with instructions on how to use them properly.
- We continue to increase awareness and implementation of sanitization and hygiene practices. We share information in our dispatch rooms, lunchrooms, meeting spaces and common areas so our drivers and employees are able to recognize the warning signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- We use a screening questionnaire and advise all Day & Ross drivers and employees to not come to work if they suspect they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- We have broadened work-from-home policies to support “social distancing” strategies to increase the physical distance between those who must work in the office or terminal.
- We work closely with our customers to understand their evolving requirements and practices.
For additional updates, please contact us or visit the COVID-19 Updates section of our website: https://dayross.com/COVID19-updates.
We appreciate your business, and are confident in the resiliency of our operations to handle this evolving situation. We will continue to keep you updated, and do what is right for our teams, customers, and partners.